- THE BODY ARGONAUTICA, upcoming in Uncanny Magazine‘s Disabled People Destroy Science Fiction.
- ἩΜΙΚΡΑΝΊΑ (HĒMIKRANÍA), upcoming in Breath & Shadow.
- RITUAL, upcoming in Speculative City.
- ON THE MOVEMENT OF BODIES, OR, THE TRANSGENDER CELESTIAL, published in Voiceworks #111, Riff, May 2018. You can read it here, or buy it here.
- LOVECRY/BATTLESONG, published in Ibis House, 1 March 2018. This poem was also shortlisted in the Coalition of Texans with Disabilities’ 2017 Pen2Paper disability-focussed creative writing contest. You can read it here.
- MELANCHOLIA, published in Streetcake Magazine‘s Issue 56, February 2018. You can read it here.
- CURB CUT CARTOGRAPHY, published in Cordite #84, SUBURBIA, February 2018. You can read it here.
- WIND HOWLS/BATTLE COME DOWN, AFTER THE CLASH, published in Red Room Poetry, June 2017, as part of The Red Room Company’s project The Disappearing. You can read it here.
- CRADLE THE SEED, published in Strange Horizons in their the 1 May 2017 issue. You can read it here or listen to the podcast here.
- HOW TO MOURN YOUR DEAD, published in Honi Soit in March 2017, reprinted in AFTER SAGAMIHARA, a zine created in collaboration with White Flower Memorial for the first anniversary of the Sagamihara massacre. You can read it here.
- GENDERFLUID, published in Issue 9 of Glitterwolf in July 2015, reprinted in Charles O’Grady’s indie zine Something About Gender, I Guess? in August 2015, in Honi Soit in September 2015, and in the UNSPOKEN WORDS artists’ anthology in June 2017. You can buy it here, or read it here.
- THE LITTLE DREAM, published in Episode 37 & the Spring 2017 issue of GlitterShip. You can read and listen to it here, or buy a copy here.
- GREENTEETH, published in Issue 21 of Luna Station Quarterly in 2015. You can read it here, or buy a copy here.
- ALÊTHEIA; OR, THE RIVER OF FORGETFULNESS, published in the anthology Broken Worlds, edited by Jack Burgos, published by A Murder of Storytellers in 2015. You can buy it here.
- ZWISCHENRÄUME, published in Hermes in 2014.
- THE OVERLAPPING LOVERS, published in ARNA in 2013. You can buy it here.
Articles and essays
- “Saying Stephen Hawking is “finally free” of his wheelchair is an insult to his legacy”, published online by Junkee, March 2018. You can read it here.
- “The Angel of Carillon Avenue”, published in Honi Soit, February 2018. You can read it here.
- “FINDING FAMILY/Disability and community”, published in Archer Magazine‘s print issue #9. You can buy it here.
- “HELL ON WHEELS”, published in Honi Soit, October 2017. You can read it here.
- “The Nine Lives of the Quadrangle Jacaranda”, published in Honi Soit, August 2017. You can read it here.
- “A Not-Review of The Normal Heart”, published in Honi Soit, June 2017. You can read it here.
- “LYRE, LYRE, LYRE: Sapphic fragments in translation”, published in Honi Soit, May 2017. You can read it here.
- “Gender fuckery”, published in Honi Soit‘s 2014 Queer Edition. You can read it here.
- CRIP FEMME ON FIRE UNDER THE SUPER BLUE BLOOD MOON, photo series, in the Sydney Femme Guild’s Mardi Gras exhibition 40 Years of Femme at the Burdekin Hotel, 2018.
- CAPITALISM IS BURNING THE WORLD BUT LOVE BURNS BRIGHTER AND MORE BEAUTIFULLY, digital photocollage, 1mx1m, exhibited in Creative Conversations at the Newtown Festival, as part of a 2017 artist’s residency with the Annandale Creative Arts Centre.
- EURYDICE LOOKS BACK, photo series, in the Sydney Femme Guild’s Mardi Gras exhibition Fierce Femme at the Burdekin Hotel, 2017.
- QUESTIONS OF GENDER, photo series, exhibited at M2 Gallery, in collaboration with Charles O’Grady’s independent play Kaleidoscope by Theatre21, 2015.
- QUERIES (QUEER IS), acrylic on canvas, in the Queer Art Party exhibition at the Red Rattler Theatre, with the University of Sydney subcollective Queerkats under the aegis of the Queer Action Collective, 2014.
- FIRE & DARK, photographic work, in the Beyond a Thousand Words exhibition at Verge Gallery, 2013.
- A number of my artistic works have appeared in the University of Sydney’s weekly student newspaper Honi Soit, between 2014 and 2018.
- I recently worked as an editorial assistant to Alice Wong for a disability activist essay anthology, Resistance and Hope, produced by the Disability Visibility Project. The anthology will be released in late 2018.
- I was one of the general editors & principal designer for the 2017 issue of the University of Sydney’s annual literary journal, ARNA. I was also one of the visuals subeditors for the 2014 issue, which you can view or buy here. I will again be editing the centenary edition of ARNA in 2018 as one of the Publications Directors.
- I edited a zine called AFTER SAGAMIHARA in collaboration with White Flower Memorial for the first anniversary of the Sagamihara massacre, in July 2017. You can view the zine here, or download a .pdf copy here.
- I worked on the editing team for two of the University of Sydney’s Queer Editions of Honi Soit, in 2013 and 2014. You can view them, respectively, here and here.
- I have worked intermittently as a privately employed copyeditor between 2013 and 2018.
- Recipient of the University of Sydney H. M. Moran prize, 2017, for my essay “Social crimes in medicolegal spaces: gender nonconformity and the crisis of category in the 19th-20th century Australian imagination.” You can read it here.
- Recipient of the University of Sydney Leonie Hayne Ancient History Junior Prize, 2012.
- NSW co-finalist for the Somerset National Novella Writing Competition, 2011.
- NSW co-finalist for the Somerset National Novella Writing Competition, 2010.
- First place in the inaugural Campion College Essay Writing Competition, 2010.
- QUEERING CRIP, CRIPPING QUEER, at the Queer Collaborations conference, University of Queensland, 2018.
- CRIPPING THE LITERARY: Finding Crip Culture, Learning Crip Language; DEFINING OURSELVES FOR OURSELVES (with Maryam Azam and Winnie Dunn); QUEERING POETRY: Writing Ourselves Into Existence (with Margot Beavon-Collin, Achala Green, and Margarita Tenser) at the Unspoken Words poetry festival, 2017.
- SEX ON WHEELS at the University of Sydney’s Rad Sex and Consent Week, 2017.
- QUEERCRIP REBELLIONS at the Romantica Social Centre’s Rad Queer Festival, 2017.
- Nonbinary discussion workshop at the University of Sydney’s Pride Week, 2015.
- Polyamory discussion workshop as part of the University of Sydney’s Queerkats workshop series (a subcollective of the Queer Action Collective), 2014.
- Presenter of a Junkee video about accessibility at Mardi Gras, 2018.
- Speaker at the University of Sydney’s South-East Asia Centre, in collaboration with the First Peoples Disability Network, 2018.
- Speaker at the launch of Archer Magazine Issue #9, 2018.
- Featured poet at Subbed In, 2017.
- Featured poet at Unspoken Words poetry festival, 2017.
- Featured poet at Newtown Festival fundraising event, 2017.
- Featured poet at Exodus Youth Worx fundraising event, 2017.
- Assistant MC to Georgia Rose Cranko at a screening of “Yes, We Fuck!”, a documentary by Antonio Centeno Ortiz and Raúl de la Morena, at the Red Rattler Theatre as part of the Perv Queerotic Film Festival, 2016.
- Swetha Das and Maddison Connaughton for FBi Radio’s Backchat, April 2018.
- Laura Cheyne for 2ser’s Think: Health, April 2018.
- Friday Night Lip Service podcast with Cody Smith, March 2018.
- S. E. Smith for Rooted in Rights, February 2018.
- Matt Wordsworth for Lateline, November 2017.
- Triple J’s Hack, November 2017.
- Mahdia Lynn for Buzzfeed, August 2017.
- 2ser, May 2017.
Activism & community
- I am one of the University of Sydney’s SRC Disabilities Officebearers for 2018.
- I was the Sydney site coordinator for the Autistic Self Advocacy Network’s Disability Day of Mourning Vigil in 2017 and 2018.
- In 2017 I organised a vigil/community forum for the first anniversary of the Sagamihara massacre, and helped to organise a CRIPS AGAINST THE CAMPS protest in support of the refugees on Manus Island.
- I was one of the organisers of the University of Sydney’s 2017 Rad Sex and Consent Week.
- I was to my knowledge the first University of Sydney student with a legal X gender marker, and spent far too much time badgering them about it until they changed their bureaucratic & online systems to allow for X markers and for Mx as a title. I am still cheerfully bothering them about making the updates consistent across all platforms. I was also instrumental in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal updating their systems to include X markers and Mx as a title. I am still working on the rest of Australian medicolegal infrastructure.